Explore the Panther system:
It all begins with the Panther® System, the foundation of Panther® Scalable Solutions. With that foundation in place, you are able to customize your molecular diagnostic testing to choose from a broad menu of assays and instrument add-ons, allowing an economical and scalable path to your laboratory’s growth.
Grow with the Panther system
Panther Scalable Solutions is here to meet your evolving needs, whether that involves processing a small, medium or large volume of tests. Armed with proven technology, all housed in a small footprint, we work with you to bring you innovative, flexible solutions for your lab today and tomorrow.
The Panther system provides labs the ability to consolidate their menu on a single fully automated system with proven performance and features that drive value and enable tangible and immediate savings.
- Load-and-go automation without batching restrictions.
- Run up to 4 assays simultaneously for increased efficiency.
- True walk-away freedom with less hands-on time for flexible workflow and streamlined efficiency.
- Mycoplasma genitalium
- Trichomonas vaginalis
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Candida vaginitis/Trichomonas vaginalis
- HSV 1 & 2
- HPV 16 18/45
- Zika Virus*
- HIV-1 Quant Dx
- HCV Quant Dx
- HBV Quant
- Broad assay menu on a single platform allows consolidation and the ability to run more tests per full-time employee
- Full automation allows samples to be loaded at the end of the day and run labor-free after hours
- Ability to run multiple test orders from the same patient sample at the same time expedites results
- Ability to load primary sample tubes eliminates manual transfer of specimens
- Flexible sample loading provides control over workflow by either random access or batch processing
- Programmable/automated maintenance allows tasks to run labor-free during non-operational hours
- STAT samples can be loaded at any time, allowing urgent samples to be prioritized
- Specialized reports to automate tracking and trending of QC and results: Levey-Jennings, Prevalence Reports, Sample History Report, Sample Curve Report and Maintenance Checklist
- Add on additional IVD menu without disrupting existing workflow
- Small footprint gives labs the ability to run more tests per square foot and options for scalability and redundancy
- Consolidation of platforms helps reduce LIS connection costs and streamline tech training and competencies
- Consumables designed to reduce waste (tubes vs plate) and included in price-per-test provide transparency
- Liquid waste is nonhazardous and does not require special handling‡
- QC only required every 24 hours, or with a new kit, reducing time and costs
Small Footprint, Big Impact.1-4
More results with less space: <1 square meter and over 300 results in less than 8 hours.
- True sample-to-result automation: All sample processing, amplification, and detection in one contained unit.
- Potential to consolidate a broad assay menu onto one fully automated instrument.
- Data on file. Hologic, Inc., 2014.
- UNITAID. HIV/AIDS Diagnostic Technology Landscape. 2nd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2012.
- Ratnam S et al. Workflow and maintenance characteristics of five automated laboratory instruments for the diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections. J Clin Microbiol. 2014;52(7):2299-2304.
- Roche Molecular Diagnostics. Cobas 6800 System Specifications.https://www.cobas68008800.com/cobas_6800_details. Accessed January 14, 2021