Activate the Panther system.
The Panther system consolidates a broad assay menu on a single, fully automated platform that enables you to test for infectious pathogens and sexually transmitted infections (STIs)—including HIV-1, Zika virus*, chlamydia, gonorrhea, HPV, and trichomoniasis—in parallel.
- Load-and-go automation without batching restrictions.
- Run multiple assays—up to 4—simultaneously for increased efficiency.
- True walk-away freedom with less hands-on time for flexible workflow and streamlined efficiency.
Leave the batch behind.
- Load samples as they arrive, in any order.
- Prioritize and run urgent samples.
- Run as few as 1 or as many as 94 clinical samples, with no additional controls required.
Unlock potential with random access.
- Access the instrument at any time to load additional samples or reagents.
- Continuous access so you can unload processed samples and load new samples as needed.
- Unload and store reagents as needed to reduce waste.
Increase productivity with full automation.
- Load and process primary tubes (PPT, ACD, and EDTA) directly on the Panther system.
- No sample transfer or pipetting required.
- No operator intervention necessary during a run.
Small footprint. Big possibilities.1-4
- True sample-to-result automation: All sample processing, amplification, and detection in one contained unit.
- Potential to consolidate a broad assay menu onto one fully automated instrument.
- Data on file. Hologic, Inc., 2014.
- UNITAID. HIV/AIDS Diagnostic Technology Landscape. 2nd ed. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2012.
- Ratnam S et al. Workflow and maintenance characteristics of five automated laboratory instruments for the diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections. J Clin Microbiol. 2014;52(7):2299-2304.
- Roche Molecular Diagnostics. Cobas 6800 System Specifications. https://www.cobas68008800.com/cobas_6800_details. Accessed March 21, 2016.