A New Standard in HIV-1 Viral Load Monitoring
Streamline and simplify your lab.
The Aptima HIV-1 Quant assay is intended for use:
- In conjunction with clinical presentation and other laboratory markers for disease prognosis.
- As an aid in monitoring the effects of antiretroviral treatment.
Performance You Can Count On
Explore the Aptima HIV-1 Quant assay.
A highly sensitive assay for reliable quantitation of HIV-1 RNA.
Limit of Detection (LoD): The Aptima HIV-1 Quant assay can detect HIV-1 RNA as low as 12 copies/mL using a 0.5-mL sample.1
Lower Limit of Quantitation (LLoQ): The Aptima HIV-1 Quant assay reports HIV-1 viral load as low as 30 copies/mL.1
Broad linear range.
The Aptima HIV-1 Quant assay accurately quantifies HIV-1 RNA, from 30 to 10 million copies/mL.1
Repeatable, reliable results.
The Aptima HIV-1 Quant assay delivers high precision in quantitation, with a narrow coefficient of variation across the linear range—including in low-viremia samples—for results you can trust.1
Ensures HIV-1 can be accurately quantified across major groups and subtypes.
The LoD has been thoroughly verified across HIV-1 groups M, N, and O with multiple replicates and multiple reagent lots.1
The LLoQ has been thoroughly established and verified across HIV-1 groups M, N, and O.1,2
Thoughtful assay design to guard against mutations.
The Aptima HIV-1 Quant assay provides 3 levels of protection for confidence in assay performance despite drug selection pressures and growing genetic diversity3:
- Dual-target approach for built-in redundancy, with both targets chosen within highly conserved genomic regions of HIV-1 (LTR and pol) to ensure accurate quantitation.
- Sophisticated primer design—including length—to tolerate mutations.
- Redundant oligonucleotides for additional protection.
Real-time TMA: Proprietary amplification technology from Hologic.
Learn how real-time TMA technology ensures accurate quantitation of HIV-1 RNA through highly specific and sensitive target capture.
- 1. Aptima HIV-1 Quant Assay [package insert] #AW-13242-001. San Diego, CA; Hologic, Inc., 2016.
- 2. Manak M. Evaluation of the Hologic (Gen-Probe) Aptima HIV-1 RT quantitative assay on HIV-1 subtypes. Paper presented at: The 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections; March 3-6, 2015; Boston, MA.
- 3. Data on file. Hologic, Inc., 2015.